What spotter do you use?

Spotter discussions
Geordie

Re: What spotter do you use?

Post by Geordie »

Hurricane wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:48 pm I've got an Axion XM30, found it very good re size, performance, and price, for my purposes (spotting for FAC air and HMR) but would be tempted by the Axion XQ38LRF if I was looking to buy now.
XM30S here, really enjoying it and like the fact that it's so compact that it comes out with me on every trip - if it was any larger it would get left at home more often so I can't fault it for what it does.

Can't see me upgrading the spotter any time soon but I could be tempted by a riflescope of some sort in the next 12 months I suspect...
sunndog
FOUNDER

Post by sunndog »

I've added a pard SA45 to the stable. Spotter and riflescope in equal measure :D
jthyttin

Post by jthyttin »

jthyttin wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:13 am Original FLIR Scout 320x240,
I've tried to get new Axion for few months, not replacement but supplement, so far Pulsar has f*cked up the delivery twice. Going for XQ38LRF at the moment, but might "downgrade" to XM30S after testing both.
After testing Axion Key XM30, Axion XM30S, Axion XQ38, Axion XQ38LRF for three nights and two days, I went with Key.

XM form factor is much nicer / more ergonomic, least eye sting (others sting equally) and in the conditions I tested Key does everything XQ models do albeit bit differently. I actually think XM30S is inferior to Key. If you want recording I would pay extra for XQ38 over XM30S, and despite worse ergonomics LRF would've been nice option but the difference in MSRP is 1000 Euro.

There is something weird in the eyepiece, more pincushion than others, blue fringing on display edges, weird wide blue halo while using the menus in daylight (not detectable when actually using in dark). On the plus side the brigthness defaults are better than in Sony displays, smaller display stings less anyway and since the smaller display is more centrally in your vision it's more focused all the way around.

Hoping to review the situation when Helion 2 XQ models arrive and demand settles, also looking at 640 class monoculars for FOV (and hopefully video-out!)
cusco

Post by cusco »

My spotter is a old Quantum XD19 which sits in a box on top of a window mounted spot light handle with a video feed to a 7 inch lcd screen that sits on the dash. This has been a great way to slowly cruise around the paddocks scanning ahead for "hot spots". Then a shooter can fire from the passenger side using a window rest. This works really well. When we come across pigs we usually dismount a few hundred meters away and sneak in to around 30/40 meters before firing. Most times I hunt with other thermal or NV users so going stealthy is the way to go. I have gotten some nice sized pigs this way plus also cleaning up small mobs, which keeps the farmer happy. Try it, it is very comfortable especially on a cold winters night. No more freezing in the back of the ute. Cheers.Cusco.
Ludders

Post by Ludders »

I use a helion xq50f. It’s my first thermal. I find it really good. It’s taken a while messing about with the settings to get the most out of it in different weather conditions. Glad I made the investment, its amazing what you would walk past with out the thermal and never know it was there
niteowl

Re: евродрова в московской области дешево

Post by niteowl »

Nanamup wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:39 am евродрова в московской области дешево
http://drevtorg.ning.com/profiles/blogs ... yevrodrova
A must know bit if information here. You can use the product to keep warm while out spotting with your thermal :roll:
sunndog
FOUNDER

Post by sunndog »

Sorry boys spammer slipped through
Nords

Post by Nords »

sunndog wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:49 am Sorry boys spammer slipped through
Doing well to only get the one through!
sunndog wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:17 pm I've added a pard SA45 to the stable. Spotter and riflescope in equal measure :D
Yep, I use the XD75 mounted on a rifle as my spotter...
sunndog
FOUNDER

Post by sunndog »

Oh we delete plenty of the feckers, we've changed the registration setup now though so should be getting less to weed out.

I use the SA45 as an either/or device. Its a great riflescope but remove the mounting rail and you've got a pocket sized spotter with lrf :D
Nords

Post by Nords »

СloudFem wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:20 pm Канал "БИЗНЕС • ФИНАНСЫ • ИНВЕСТИЦИИ" посвящен высокодоходному заработку в интернете.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCobX8F ... kxkZeuuuIg
Как правильно вложить деньги, чтобы получать постоянный пассивный доход.
Как грамотно инвестировать и получать максимум прибыли!?
Узнайте, как инвестировать от 10$ и от 100 000$.
Инвестирования в фондовые рынки.
Создания источников пассивного дохода;
Вы узнаете о новых схемах и связках заработка в интернете, которые выведут Вас на новый уровень.
Учимся зарабатывать большие деньги вместе.

Подписывайтесь на канал, и Вы увидите море полезной информации, которую скрывают от Вас!
УСПЕЙ УРВАТЬ СВОЙ КУСОК ПИРОГА.
Зарабатываем много, зарабатываем каждый день, зарабатываем всегда!

>>>Ютуб Видео<<<
Thats easy for you to say!