hi all

A place for introductions and general chatter
andychas

hi all

Post by andychas »

thanks for having me on the forum, looking forward to hearing news, views and handy hints.
At present I use a thermion xq50 on the rifle (6xc and 223), Helion Xp50 as a spotter. looking at upgrading the scope atm so on the lookout for pointers, reviews etc
cheers all
sunndog
FOUNDER

Re: hi all

Post by sunndog »

Welcome aboard fella

My recommendation for a scope upgrade is a T-ceptor pro from nightvision store
Made in the uk and amazing performance to the point you wont NEED to upgrade again imo

Couple of very basic videos here from me

https://youtube.com/channel/UCJTqoZY2UppQQEMkeBfnaFA
andychas

Post by andychas »

sunndog wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:14 am Welcome aboard fella

My recommendation for a scope upgrade is a T-ceptor pro from nightvision store
Made in the uk and amazing performance to the point you wont NEED to upgrade again imo

Couple of very basic videos here from me

https://youtube.com/channel/UCJTqoZY2UppQQEMkeBfnaFA
Thanks for the reply and thoughts, useful vids to add to the comparison! Agreed that the quality is never going to be as good as the screen but at least that applies across the board so gives a point of comparison.
having been a pulsar user for quite a few years now I’m somewhat hesitant to change, but I do find myself wishing there was more mag on the XQ50, especially for those longer foxes (which always seem to be the important ones to get!). Clearly the XM50 is an option, but keeping an open mind, its impossible to ignore the ward!
Bottom line for me is that on a scope, I dont need WiFi, video recording, lots of colour palettes or reticules. Once Ive id a target I want to see it as clearly as poss at a good magnification, and I want a reliable zero! My Helion XP50 spotter can do all the fancy stuff and record the results if needed.
I must say the Tceptor is the top of the pile atm, and I’m convinced its the best for my needs
Cheers
Andy
sunndog
FOUNDER

Post by sunndog »

If you want mag the 55-3 is the boy at 24x/48x in full screen or pip.
For awesome silky smooth picture the 55-6 is just gorgeous with plenty of mag imo
phoenix

Post by phoenix »

Agreed -the T Ceptor Pro 55-3 is the scope to have if you need lots of base magnification.
Definitely better than the Thermion XM50

Cheers

Bruce
andychas

Post by andychas »

thats useful chaps thank you.
Im tempted by the 55-6 I must say, but cost does come into play! and having base mag of 5x with double that on pip looks to be ideal, so I think the 55-3 will be favourite tbh. Im not a great fan of the focussing on the thermion, stiff even after a year, this obviously plays a part in how clear a target is, am I right in thinking the Tceptor focussing is good? it looks it but hard to tell until II get hands on.
sunndog
FOUNDER

Post by sunndog »

Yeah the focus is spot on mate. Great depth of field anyway and i can operate the focus knob with one finger while shouldering the rifle, not the easiest way to do it but you can
andychas

Post by andychas »

sunndog wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:44 am Yeah the focus is spot on mate. Great depth of field anyway and i can operate the focus knob with one finger while shouldering the rifle, not the easiest way to do it but you can
thats great, ta.
just ordered one...better sell the XQ now!
sunndog
FOUNDER

Post by sunndog »

Brilliant mate let us know how you get on, is it the 55-3?
andychas

Post by andychas »

sunndog wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:14 pm Brilliant mate let us know how you get on, is it the 55-3?
yeah 55-3, ticks the boxes (including cost!) Im sure there will be things I miss about the thermion (software ease of use for a start) but tbh, once I set the thermion up I never changed the settings anyway - I never record on it and the reticule is set how I want. Hoping that the 55-3 will be straightforward to set up obviously, anything to watch out for at all with that?